Oh wow! Even John Mueller found Screaming Frog super useful.
Those of you who don’t know, Screaming Frog is a SEO software.
Its prime purpose is to do the SEO audit of a website.
With an SEO audit, we can learn the weak parts of our website.
After learning about the weak part, we can improvise it.
While there are several SEO auditing tools out there, Google search advocate John Mueller found “Screaming Frog” super-useful.
This all starts with a Reddit post in which a user quotes the limitations of Ahrefs and Semrush and asks whether Screaming Frog is capable to overcome those limitations.
The user wrote, “How to justify Screaming Frog cost to my boss? Semrush’s report on Internal 201 redirects lacks the anchor text. On the other hand, Ahrefs’ audit report is always a few days old.” So, to prepare the audit report of a website, does Screaming Frog is a better option in comparison to these two (i.e Ahrefs and Semrush)?
In response to the same post, John replied, “I pay for my own copy, and I don’t even do SEO. Not saying you should pay for your own copy, just saying that it’s super-useful.”
After John’s comment, several users replied to the same post and supports the price of Screaming Frog software as well.
Those of you who don’t know, to enjoy all the features of Screaming Frog, you have to pay £149.00 per year.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider Features
Here is the list of features you can find in the latest version of Screaming Frog software.
- Find Broken Links, Errors & Redirects
- Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data
- Review Meta Robots & Directives
- Audit hreflang Attributes
- Discover Exact Duplicate Pages
- Generate XML Sitemaps
- Site Visualisations
- Crawl Limit
- Crawl Configuration
- Save Crawls & Re-Upload
- Crawl Comparison
- Near Duplicate Content
- Custom robots.txt
- AMP Crawling & Validation
- Structured Data & Validation
- Spelling & Grammar Checks
- Custom Source Code Search
- Custom Extraction
- Google Analytics Integration
- Search Console Integration
- PageSpeed Insights Integration
- Link Metrics Integration
- Forms-Based Authentication
- Store & View Raw & Rendered HTML