When you are preparing an SEO strategy, it is important to put branded keywords in the list.
These keywords are a powerful way to establish to your brand identity and increase brand awareness online.
In this article, I am going to explain to you about branded keywords, their importance, and their benefits. How you can use them to leverage your website’s SEO score.
What are Branded Keywords?
Keywords that are directly related to your brand, product, or service are called branded keywords.
Mostly these keywords contain your brand name or variations of it.
These keywords leverage your brand equity to drive targeted traffic to your website which in turn improves your online reputation.
Why are Branded Keywords Important?
You may think that why would I optimize for my brand keywords as people already know my brand?
Well, you should optimize them in the first place, because, people who already know about your brand are the easiest ones to attract.
These people have already passed the first stage of the buyer’s journey i.e. awareness. Now, with your brand keywords, you help these people to move onto the next stages which are consideration and decision.
You may ask that, my website would automatically rank higher for keywords associated with my brand name.
Well, that is correct for short-tail keywords but the same is not the case with long-tail keywords.
So, branded keywords are very important as they establish brand identity, brand awareness, and drive targeted traffic to your website.
How to optimize your website for Branded Keywords?
Follow the steps given below to optimize your website for these keywords:
Conduct keyword research to identify the most relevant and valuable keywords related to your brand.
In this step, you have to take the keyword’s search volume, competition, and relevance as well to place them on your list.
Once you have a list of keywords, strategically incorporate them on your website in places such as title, meta description, body, etc.
Another way to optimize for branded searches is by incorporating them in the anchor text of internal and external links. It helps search engines to understand the relevance of these keywords for your website.
You can create high-quality branded content such as blog posts, infographics, videos, etc to increase your website’s authority for branded keywords.
Some Stats Related to Branded Keywords
- According to Kuno Creative, People who visit your website through branded searches are 3.5x more likely to convert.
- The PPC conversion rate of branded searches is 59% higher in comparison to the organic conversion rate.
- Branded searches have a 2x higher conversion rate in comparison to their respective normal searches.
- A Forbes study found that branded searches make up 10% of all searches while the remaining 80% and 10% are informational and transactional.
- Businesses that blog regularly with branded content receive 97% more backlinks to their website.
- If you use branded keywords in your ad then, the chances of your competitor’s ad showing up in search results decrease by 50%.
Hence, branded keywords are very essential for any SEO strategy. It helps to establish your brand identity, increase brand awareness and raise targeted traffic to your website. These keywords not only reflect your existing brand equity but also create new opportunities for growth and differentiation in the competitive online market.